Background – Privacy Statement
We will comply with the law and the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) (subject to the other provisions of law). The NPPs are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and regulate the manner in which personal information is managed.
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
There are further special provisions which apply to the collection of some personal information which is known as sensitive information. This includes health information and information about a persons’ race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Collection of personal information
We are required to collect personal information to be able to provide requested products or services.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us. However, it may include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your opinion/preferences about specific products and services, your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details;
- communications between you and us; and
- transactional information about your use of our products and services
How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it to facilitate the processes and activities which include:
- processing your orders;
- processing your quotation requests;
- being aware of any special product and service requirements you may have;
- providing you with confirmation of your orders and advising you of any changes to our products and services;
- confirming your identity when you contact us;
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- answering any queries you may have;
- for developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will be unable to do one or more of the above (including being unable to accept any orders and service requests).
Exchange of personal information with third parties
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- to any entity to which we are required or authorized by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to ANEVA COMPUTERS management and personnel;
- to our consultants and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services or products to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Use and disclosure of personal information by us
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorized by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Collection of information other than personal information
If you visit our website, some of the information we and/or our contractors collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity. Information of this nature can include:
- Site visit information – When you visit our website, we and/or our contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.We and/or our contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
- Cookies – A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we and/or our contractors use may identify individual users. Cookies can either be “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user’s convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser’s memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
We and/or our contractors may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalize your current visit to our and our contractors’ websites. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed.
Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
Access and correction of your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we and/or our contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, we may not provide such information to you. Also, we may not be able to require our contractors to provide personal information to you. We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us for this.
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. To update your personal information, please contact us:
133 Kingsland Road Bexley South NSW 2067
Telephone: 02 9554 8008
FAX: 02 9554 8008
153 Kingsland Road, Bexley North
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support: email@example.com
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us at the above telephone numbers and ask to speak with our Director or visit our website mentioned above.
We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at: www.privacy.gov.au
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out above.
Further information about the NPPs and the application of privacy law to the private sector generally can be found by contacting the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner (details above).